Monday, January 12, 2009

Whistler Fly Fishing


Year ago my wife and I spend a couple days in Whistler BC in the late summer. Not being snow season, it was a great opportunity to check out the community and see what Whistler had to offer. We ended up fishing with Pat Beahen from Whister Fly fishing and had a blast. I ended up catching my first ever salmon on a fly and was introduced to some weird type of casting with a two handed fly rod. I still remember hearing Pat yell and watch him jump up and down when I finally hooked that freaking sockeye in the Lilioett. Why I choose to fish for sockeye in a river with a foot of vis, I have no clue, but it was a blast none the less. Ever since I have been drooling at the idea of going back up there in the winter and fishing some of the same water for steelhead and have followed the Whistler Fly Shop since.

Pat Beahen, Brian Niska and the rest of their crew are ballers and if you want to check out Lower BC or on the way to Skeena Country, look them up. They just through down a new blog too.

1 comment:

Chromer Sport Fishing said...

I've guided with Pat for years and describing him as jumping up and down sounds about right, haha!