Wednesday, September 17, 2008

This Weeks Spoils

Despite not being able to get out for full day trips, I was able to get out for a few hours at a time. I got to say in this modern day the only use for fish nets should be in Jenna Jamison videos. Instead I think they are all in the Columbia River between the Dalles Dam and the Deschutes. I guess this is another topic though. We ended up saying hello to a few trout and blanked on the D.
















On this side of the state, I did manage my first silver of the year which was my first on the spey. A pleasant surprise, but not exactly what I was looking for. While fishing, I ran into my buddy Jarrod and watched him man handle several steelhead. Fishing a well known run here in Southwest Washington, Jarrod is a machine. Despite fishing this location a hundred times catching silvers and chinook, I had never caught a steelhead there. Well that is until today! Then again the bastard was a Ronde size fish and nothing to really brag about.



One of four fish Jarrod tangled with. He is enjoying a fine dinner tonight!

1 comment:

BLUEANGLER said...

OK,

One thing in my "to do list"... fish with steelie mike. Great work! and beautiful little creek.