Thursday, September 25, 2008

September Flies I Like

A couple flies I like from the boys at Montana Fly Company that catch steelhead.






Bruce Berry's Mover







This one really caught my eye because it looks a lot like one I fish. Well mine doesn't exactly have enough ostrich for bulk, or a nicely dressed collor and for that matter a nice formed head, but it is almost effective. This ala Blue Moon variation with wiggle is a 9 out of 10 on the badass scale.






Brian Chou's Double Agent









Here is a very versatile fly that can be both swung and nymphed. Yes I said both ladies! Swing nymphs is stupid effective at times when gaywings do not move fish and well we all know how deadly nymphing can be. I have personally caught fish with one and had the tier pick my arse, I mean pocket with it as well.





Brian Chou's Fortune Cookie








This bad boy was designed for fishing for trout on the Yakima River, but I think I might be able to find a better target for it this winter. It will be nice; to fish something other then MOALS and Intruders this winter. Sorry Derek and Ed :) .

1 comment:

BLUEANGLER said...

Those flies are just pure awesome!! Mike.

I think the ostrich is great material that won't break my bank account! Good photos!