Saturday, May 4, 2013

Spring Cleaning #2



It is amazing over the years how many flies get trashed and though I repair, cut and replace them as time goes by, there always seems to be a pile of them I got to deal with. So finally I tackled that stack of flies. Trying to salvage hooks, cones, dumbells, etc, I managed to save not only a few flies, but lots of hooks, and even some tying materials. It's such a pain in the ass, but worth it if you like to recycle everything like me.

Wire-cutters, box-cutter, a few razor blades and sore fingers later, I got a supply of tying materials. I also believe in the mojo associated with using materials and hooks that have been fished over the years.


2 comments:

BLUEANGLER said...

awesome concept! Mike,

reuse, repair and recycle! all the mojo sure would be preserved!

Thanks for the great post!

Neil said...

Hi Mike, I was wondering what process you used to remove the paint from the Hardy St. John Reel? I'm contemplating polishing up a similar vintage St. John. Neil