Sunday, May 22, 2011

Mats Mirick



I lost my friend Mats Mirick this month. He was one of those guys that had an edge that you just could not get a grip on. Apparently he was fighting the good fight for a long time with demons that we all could not see and lost the battle earlier this May. It is so tragic because he truly was larger then life and always the center of attention when I hung out with him. I spent at least a few days every Fall over the last several years standing in the river and campfire next to Mats. He was going to Medical School in a year and follow in the footsteps of his father and become an Emergency Room Physician. The world will not be the same without him.
















I will always remember you brother and those cold Fall days we spent fishing and talking shit to each other. Driving by the Meat Hole will never be the same without seeing you and the boys down there.














The boys last Fall

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Steelie Mike, I'm really sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. I hope you can find peace in your memories of him. And I hope you are doing okay in this difficult time. Much love brother, sunshine is around the corner.
-k8

mike doughty said...

that's a really shitty deal mike, sorry to hear it. great tribute by temple of dog