Tuesday, February 2, 2010

River Dumping

















Picture courtesy of BattleGround-Mike on ifish.net.

I am sure all of you have seen it from time to time, but there is a lot of trash in our rivers from beer cans, tires, diapers, to cars and furniture. There is so much in areas that the eye sore keeps me from going back to the river. Though urban fisheries are growing everyday, the eye sores lead me to other places to fish. Though I always try and clean up what I find on the banks, in the river and on the side of the road, there is no way I can clean it all up in one brief sweep of the runs that I fish. I always try to pack out more then I pack in. In this case, they needed more then a few guys to clean up this mess. I actually saw the recover of a vehicle several years ago in the same spot on my way home from the said river.

The dumping of stolen vehicles has gone up over the years in my local fisheries, especially at boat ramps and I only hope the authorities find these criminals and give citations for environmental impacts as well as the crime of steeling and dumping vehicles. Please continue to do your best to keep your riverside clean and remove what you can. I personally have a run on an uppper stretch of a river I fish with a large car set sitting in the brush. I plan on going back to pull it out later this summer.

No comments: