Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Trey






















This well loved copy of Steelhead Fly Fishing spend at least a year in my work bag getting read many times in the middle of the night. I can't tell you how many nights it saved me from boredom in this hospital. Trey takes you on a journey through many of the most fabled rivers here in the Northwest and gives you the history and heritage surrounding the beginning of steelhead fly fishing in this region. It introduces you to many of the pioneers in the sport and the flies and techniques that have worked over the years. One of my favorite parts of this book is knowing I have fished some of the very spots that are mentioned in the book and am going to in the near future fish more of them. This is a must read for every steelheader and at the very least some good reading material for the shitter.

No comments: